ITI utilizes an approach of modeling, measurement, and implementation to develop and validate ways to make complex information systems trustworthy.
ITI strives to:
1) establish fundamental and enabling science and technology for building trustworthy information systems,
2) to develop techniques for assessing trustworthiness of information systems, and
3) to apply the developed techniques to critical applications, including those in aerospace systems, power systems, data & information processing systems, transportation systems, emergency response systems, and e-commerce and financial systems.
CSL is currently focused on research that produces technological advances in these areas:
- Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute (CIRI)
- Cyber Resilient Energy Delivery Consortium (CREDC)
- Trustworthy Cyber Infrastructure for the Power Grid (TCIPG)