Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program (ICSSP)
With cyber crimes on the rise and a shortage of professionals, cyber security is a field that offers great career opportunities. Now, qualified students have the opportunity to follow a career in the government for two years as a security professional, be part of a University program focused in this area, pay no tuition, and receive a generous stipend through the Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program (ICSSP), a CyberCorps Scholarship for Service (SFS) program. ICSSP is recruiting qualified Grainger College of Engineering and School of Information Science students who are planning on specializing in cybersecurity and privacy.
* Applications for Spring 2022 are now open, with a due date of December 1, 2021! Apply online or visit the ICSSP website for more information!
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- An admitted full time undergraduate or graduate student on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
- A citizen of the United States of America or permanent resident.
- College of Engineering undergraduate or graduate student with a focus on cyber or information security and privacy, or a School of Information Science graduate student admitted to the MSIM degree program.
- Undergraduate applicants must be within 4 semesters of completing their degree.
- Transfer students are eligible to apply after they have been admitted to the College of Engineering and have completed at least one semester on campus.