Systems and Networking
Networked computer and communication systems are integral parts of today’s critical infrastructures, and the trustworthiness of any infrastructure depends on the trustworthiness of its underlying support systems.
ITI is attacking the associated challenges on multiple fronts. For example, ITI’s Boeing Trusted Software Center is developing technologies for defending networks against cyber-attack and technologies for providing “network situational awareness,” which is the capacity to understand what is happening, particularly during a crisis. It is also working to create a trustworthy layer of software upon which distributed wireless applications may be built. In addition, many ITI faculty members are doing research supported by the National Science Foundation on trust in systems and networking.
- CAESAR: Autonomous Engineering Systems and Robotics
- Behavior-Based Zero-Day Intrusion Detection for Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems
- Decoy Routing: Internet Freedom in the Network's Core
- EPICA: Empowering People to Overcome Information Controls and Attacks
- Software-Defined Control for Smart Manufacturing Systems