COMMUNITY COLLEGE OUTREACH
The Grainger College of Engineering at UIUC has partnered with community colleges in Illinois to provide students with a pathway for transferring into the College of Engineering after they complete their Associate's degrees. The Engineering Pathways program helps ensure that talented students have the opportunity to pursue their education to the fullest. Among other benefits, the program is particularly good at enabling first-generation college students and underrepresented minority students to study at UIUC.
CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS PROGRAMS AT UIUC
- Technology Services' Security home page
- Technology Services Security Topics: Data Classification, Passwords, Phishing, and Social Media Safety.
- University of Illinois Information Security Policy
- FAST3 hands-on computer training courses at the University of Illinois.
- Students at UIUC who are interested in doing research in information security or cybersecurity can apply to the Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program through the Information Trust Institute. Selected students have the opportunity to follow a career in the government for two years as a security professional, be part of a University program focused in this area, pay no tuition, and receive a generous stipend.
SIGPwny is a student-run interest group at UIUC focused on information security.
- The Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Program enables high school students to come to campus during the summer and participate in a week-long camp and complete hands-on activities, participate in classes, see demonstrations, and much more, in relation to various topics in engineering.
- The Information Trust Institute and the Office for Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education (MSTE) have partnered to help teachers and students learn about the system that delivers electricity and the challenges of the future. The CREDC educational materials are designed for students in 7-12 grades. The materials are classroom-ready and illustrate important concepts in the science of electricity and the power grid as well as mathematics.