Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program (ICSSP)
GET A LOCK ON ADVANCING YOUR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN CYBER SECURITY
With cyber crimes on the rise and a shortage of professionals, cyber security is a field that offers great career opportunities. Now, qualified students have the opportunity to follow a career in the government for two years as a security professional, be part of a University program focused in this area, and pay no tuition through the Illinois Cyber Security Scholars Program (ICSSP). ICSSP is recruiting law students and qualified undergraduate and graduate students in computer science or computer engineering to participate in this two-year, hands-on program.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, YOU MUST BE:
• An admitted full time undergraduate or graduate student on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
• A citizen of the United States of America or permanent resident.*
• College of Engineering undergraduate or graduate student with a focus on cyber or information security and privacy.
• College of Law student who has completed one year of coursework, has some technical background, and is interested in specializing in cyber security. See law student eligibility requirements.
• Transfer students are eligible to apply after they have been admitted to the College of Engineering and have completed at least one semester on campus.
• Special consideration for eligibility may be given to School of Information Sciences graduate students admitted to the MSIM degree program. If interested, contact us at iti-icssp-infoillinois [dot] edu.
*Security clearances, and many federal agencies, require U.S. citizenship. It is the recipient’s responsibility to attain such a position in state, local, tribal or territorial governments given these limitations.
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE, VISIT: